The Aussie Aths COVIDSafe Plan has been updated for the resumption of sessions in Victoria following the announcement by the Victorian State Government on Sunday 17 October 2921 of the move to the National Plan Phase B based upon 70% of Victorians being fully vaccinated, effective as at 11.59pm on Thursday 21 October 2021.
The updated plan can be read here.
We do ask for the support of parents and families in mitigating risk during this return to community sport. You can assist by adhering tot he following Participant Requirement guidelines.
- Do not send your child to a session if they are unwell – this includes if they have a temperature, cold, cough or any other signs of ill health; or if they have had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Parents are requested to discuss participant requirements with their children in advance of the sessions in an age-appropriate manner, covering the importance of following the coach instructions, maintaining social distancing and refraining from physical contact with others (no handshakes, hugs, high-fives etc.).
- Parents or guardians who remain at the sessions must maintain a reasonable distance from the activity and program participants, along with maintaining more than 1.5m from any other person in attendance. Masks must be worn at all times. Where practical, we request you remain in the car. If you would like to chat to the coach, we encourage you to phone ahead of or after the session.
- Participants will be encouraged to sanitise hands on arrival and prior to departure from the venue.
- Participants are expected to wear a mask to and from sessions but may remove it whilst actively participating in the exercise session.
- All participants will be asked to report directly to their coach / group on arrival at the venue, and then depart directly to the care of their parent/guardian at the conclusion of the session – with co-mingling between groups to be avoided.
- Participants should arrive just on time and ready for the session, having changed and gone to the toilet at home, prior to heading to the venue. ‘Get in, train and get out.’
- Sharing drink bottles is prohibited, so please send your child to sessions with a full water bottle.
- Additional venue specific requirements may apply, especially with regard to school venues.