Aussie Aths is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
- Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
The type of information that Aussie Aths collects and holds will depend on the nature of your involvement with us.
Depending on the reason for collecting the personal information, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s date of birth
- Your address and contact information
- Records of your communication and interaction with us
- Previous purchases you have made.
We may also collect sensitive information from a person including a working with children check or a police check (in the case of employees and contractors), and medical details for your child.
Whilst you are not required to provide the personal information and/or sensitive information requested by Aussie Aths, if you choose not to provide information as requested, we may not be able to provide you with the full and appropriate extent of our services.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
Some examples of the different purposes we use your information for are:
- To improve our website and services to you
- To provide our services and programs
- To identify and deliver your merchandise orders
- To communicate with you about, or market, our services, programs, special offers, news, competitions and more
- To personalise your experience with Aussie Aths
We may also use your information so that our related entities or commercial partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that will be of interest to you, where you opt in to receive such communications.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communication at any stage by contacting us via the details at the bottom of this page.
When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How do we collect personal information?
Aussie Aths may collect personal information from individuals such as current parents and/or guardians and their children, future parents and/or guardians and their children, employees, contractors and suppliers.
We will endeavour wherever practicable to collect personal information directly from you. We will generally obtain consent from you to collect your personal information. Consent will usually be provided in writing however sometimes it may be provided orally or may be implied through your interaction with us.
Personal information is obtained in many ways including:
- Via our head office or via any of our Aussie Aths operators, when you email or telephone us
- Via our website at aussieaths.com.au when you fill out a form, establish an account, complete an online registration or make a purchase from us
- Via any interaction with Aussie Aths accounts on social media.
- From third parties (refer below)
You are able to visit our website without disclosing any personal information to us. However, if you purchase from us or choose to provide your personal information to us via a form, email or telephone enquiry we will collect and store this information.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
In relation to the collection and disclosure of sensitive information, we are bound by the APPs, which provide for the circumstances in which disclosure is permitted, or required by law.
Disclosure of personal information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of personal information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your personal information
You may access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please login in to your online account via www.aussieaths.com.au, or contact us in writing.
Aussie Aths will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the quality of your personal information
It is an important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This policy may change from time to time and will be kept updated and available to you on our website.
173 Darling Road, Malvern East VIC 3145
T: 03 9822 7116